Potluck Potato Salad


I recently had an unexpected day by myself at home after returning from the American Cheese Society Conference in Raleigh, NC. What do I do when I I’ve got no plans and a sunny day alone ahead of me?

I cook!

I did a little recipe research and then hustled to the market for ingredients and further inspiration. Back in my kitchen in no time, it was like my own culinary amusement park. It wasn’t too long before a friend of mine dropped by to hang out and help me out, and by dinner time my house had inadvertently become the scene of a spontaneous and sizable dinner party. Hosting a bunch of dear friends after a day in the kitchen is just about the best day I can think of (second only to a similar day that includes my family).


I figure a lot of people are enjoying summer evening dinner parties right now with their friends and family, so today’s recipe is a twist on the potluck classic, potato salad. Rather than sopping with mayonnaise, this one is vinaigrette-based and features the red cabbage peperonata that you may recognize from one of my previous posts. The potato salad went great with an all-beef burger that we served at Bennett’s a few days later along with some other specials inspired by that dinner party.


Late Summer Potato Salad
(Yield about 12 servings)

5 pounds red potatoes cut into 1/2-inch pieces, skin on

1/2 cup seasoned rice vinegar
1/3 cup  olive oil
1 tablespoon grainy mustard
1 tablespoon kosher salt
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1 pound peperonata
1-1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 2-1/2 ears)
1/2 cup shredded Flagship cheese
3 green onion tops sliced very thinly

Cook the potatoes in salted, boiling water about 10 minutes or until not quite tender. 

Drain the potatoes and set aside.

Whisk the vinegar, olive oil, mustard, salt, and pepper together until evenly mixed. In a large bowl, gently combine the cooked potatoes and dressing.  Refrigerate until cool.

Before serving, fold in the peperonata, corn, cheese and green onions until well mixed.

Enjoy! 




Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar

Powered by Blogger.

Recipes

My Flatiron Faves

About Me

My photo
Lover of big ideas and bold flavors. Food should be like family and friends: honest, fun, and fulfilling.

Other Topics